Monday, September 26, 2011

CPD 23 - Thing 14

Zotero - Okay, after watching the little promo video about Zotero I think it's totally cool!  However, I am not currently working on any papers, and I'm not planning to pursue another degree any time soon, so I don't think I'll be downloading this plugin.  However, I think this could be used much in the way that I use Endnote now, with saving citations to books I want to read or purchase.  And I would recommend this to someone who was in high school or college as a resource to look into.

Mendeley - If I were in an academic setting doing research, I would definitely give Mendeley a try. It seems very straight-forward and helpful and the feedback from users that I read was very positive.  As with Zotero, this is not something I will be using personally right now, but it is something that I could recommend as a tool for others to use.

CiteULike - This one seemed to be the weakest of all the tools.  Granted, this is a completely shallow thing to say because I have only viewed the overview videos and have not actually used the tools.  However, I cannot see any use for this for me personally.  Zotero and Mendeley seemed to do so much more for the user than CiteULike.  I would be more likely to recommend them (Zotero and Mendeley) to a college student than this (CiteULike).


No comments:

Post a Comment