Thursday, August 4, 2011

CPD 23 - Thing 4

This Thing is about current awareness, focusing on Twitter, RSS feeds and Pushnote.

Regarding Twitter - okay, so I've had a Twitter account for a long time, but I've never found a place for it in my life. I feel that through my RSS feed and reading journals, etc. I already have more information coming at me than I can possibly manage and retain. That being said, I'm going to give it a little more of a try this time around and see if it sticks.

I have used Google Reader to manage my RSS feeds for awhile now. I only subscribe to about 10 and I don't understand how people who subscribe to hundreds of these feeds ever get any of them read. And if they get them all read, how do they have time for anything else? Again, my feeling that I already have more information available than I am able to digest.

Pushnote is totally new to me and I've got it installed. I am intrigued by the commenting on specific websites concept and am curious to see how it works out. I'll post more thoughts on this when I've had it installed for a few days and had more chance to play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment